Thursday, September 20, 2007

51 Days Later ...

I was on leave and relaxing on Corellia. While me and several other Troopers were enjoying some Ale at a local tavern, when the door burst open in come four exuberant Corellian Marines.

They go to the bar and order five bottles of beer and ten glasses. After getting their order over, they sit down at a large table. The caps are popped, the glasses are filled and they begin toasting and chanting, "51 days, 51 days, 51 days!"

space marine
GUESS THEY DON’T HAVE THAT WHOLE “NO FACIAL HAIR” RULE

Soon four more Marines arrive, take up their drinks and the chanting grows, "51 days, 51 days, 51 days!"

Finally the last two Marine comes in, one with a picture under his arm. He walks over to the table, and sets the picture in the middle and the table erupts.


Up jump the others, they begin dancing around the table, exchanging high-fives, all the while chanting, "51 days, 51 days, 51 days!"

I can't contain my curiosity any longer, so I walks over to the table. There in the center is a beautifully framed child's puzzle. The frenzy dies down as I approach and ask asks one of the Marines, "What’s all the chanting and celebration about?"

The Marine who brought in the picture pipes in, "Everyone thinks that the Corellian Marines are dumb and they make fun of us. So, we decided to set the record straight. Ten of us got together, bought this puzzle and put it together. The side of the box said 2-4 years, but we put it together in 51 days."

puzzle
MAN, THESE GUYS ARE LAMER THAN I THOUGHT.

15 comments:

Fluke Starbucker said...

Oh, snap! They beat Owen's record!

Jawa Juice said...

So does Ask Ask ever bask in the task and ask for a flask?
Or does he mask the task and ask to drink last?

Unknown said...

Say that again, JJ? lol

Skywalker said...

Can you say that with a marble in your mouth? lol

captain koma said...

Hahahahahaha!

That is the best way to tell a lame joke ever.

Jawa Juice said...

Skywalker:
I could a marble in my mouth, but I'd have to charge you an hourly rate...

Robin said...

51 days? It took me 52. Damn.

kenju said...

51 days, huh? That's funny. Michele sent me to say I like your puzzle....LOL

Unknown said...

Heh. 51 Days is an accomplishment....

Wandered over from Michele's.

Gyrobo said...

I'm going to tell Michele that you sent me.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Very Funny....!
I am here from Michele's and she says "HI" too!

merlyn said...

Okay so now both me and my sig-other are laughing our butts off... what a great way to start a Saturday!

xxxs
merly

TX said...

Well how long does it take a clone?

Spider-man said...

At least they don't have to worry about their fingers sticking to the pieces... I have some trouble even finishing in the maximum number of years...

PISK BENTO said...

ok ok man very good