Monday, February 26, 2007

A Sweet Story

I was on patrol with a squad of Clone troopers, marching through the desert of Tatooine. We had been traveling for days, our water supply had run out, and we were on the brink of collapse.

sandtroopers
I’VE BEEN THROUGH THE DESERT ON A DEWBACK WITH NO NAME


And then suddenly, staggering over the crest of a large sand dune, we came upon a sight that brought relief to them all - a market place, spread out over the desert. Rows of colorful stalls, with their banners flapping in the breeze. It was a Jawa encampment.

The Clone Troopers were delighted. Filled with an extra surge of energy, we ran down the dune to the market.

Arriving at the first stall, we begged the stall-holder for water.

"I'm sorry," says the stall-holder, "all I have are these delicious puddings made from jelly and sponge and with a cream topping sprinkled with little chocolates."

jawas
JUST DESSERTS?


Not to be deterred, the troopers move on to the next stall, pleading for water.

"Sorry, but I only have these bowls of pudding, made from jelly and sponge," says the man behind the counter.

tiramisu02.1
DID JAWA JIN MAKE THESE?


We move on, but as we look down the rows of stalls, we could see that every single stall was selling exactly the same thing. As we move along, asking for water, we got the same response every time.

Finally, one of the stall-holders took pity on us, and told about an oasis not far away, so we leave the market, and head for the oasis.

dewback
MOVING ON


As we were leaving, I turn to one of the other troopers and say "Hmmm. That was a trifle bazaar."

12 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You complained about me complaining about your puns and then you give us this?

Why?!!! Why!!!!?

*Drops to knees and raises fists to the sky*

Why!!!!!!!?

Anonymous said...

Join me fellow starwars wannabee's in writing to our senators about the aformentioned lack of humor.

Why should we be PUNished for things beyond our control.

Yes freinds its time to rise up and join Me we can rid the galaxy of this Scourge !

:-)

Unknown said...

LMAO!

Skywalker said...

Oh, that was just full of Punolisious fun, Earl.

Darth Vader said...

I dont remeber sending you to Tatooine and I dont remeber you bring back any of these desserts which would have kept you from being on the end of a chair.

merlyn said...

Whoooooooooo hooooooooooo and how I laughed...then it was even funnier when I had to try an explain to my husband wtf trifle is.

yep, funny.


ps TAK - I created PDFs for you on the side bar of dote. easier than reading backwards!

jin said...

"Hmmm. That was a trifle bazaar."

Brilliant!!!

But I think you know that.
;-)

Thanks for the linky as well...I will certainly reciprocate. How does "Tantalizing TAK" sound?!
:-)

cooltopten said...

LMAO That was Pun Fun tastic!!

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Jon: It was you how restarted this WeaPUNS race! If you had not used your Weapons of Mass Punstruction (W.M.Ps), I would nor have been forced to retaliate. But that is the nature of this kind of PUNishment .

Jaba: I’ll take your petition to Senator Aak Ask.

D.V.: Your right, you had ordered us to Dantooine. My bad.

Merlyn: Thanks, I have been formatting it so I am reading earliest to latest, but now you have done the work for me

Jin: Somehow I thought you would like this one.

Gyrobo said...

You certainly had some trouble with truffles.

merlyn said...

perhaps we should have the Emperor levy a Pun-tax? I am pretty sure that would pay for a few new ISDs at least!



and TAK- you're welcome but bear in mind they aren't the final edited versions I one day hope to get up. So ... you know...

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hey, come on now. It's not like I was PUNtificating or somethin.