Monday, January 29, 2007

Coffee in the Morning ...

When I reported to the Supply office for duty this morning I received some good news and some bad news. The good news; Ensign Kip, irritated by my lack of copier expertise, had the clone troopers reassigned for out last day of “sensitivity job training”. The bad news; The reassignment was to the Jabba the Coffee Hutt in the lobby.

starbucker coffee
MORNING AT THE COFFEE HUTT

We opened at 5:00 am and it was non-stop all morning. The orders came fast and furious and the Troopers and I worked hard to keep up.

Customer #1 “I’ll have a Latte with no foam”
zabrak
CUSTOMER # 1

Tak: “One coffee with cream

Customer #2: “I want an Espresso, hot, but not to hot”
toydarian
CUSTOMER #2

Tak: “One coffee, black

Customer 3#: “I need a non-fat half Cappuccino, half de-caff, wet, hot, with a twist of lemon and dash of Correlian Spice”
Senator Ask Ask
CUSTOMER # 3

Tak: “One coffee, with cream and spit in it

And so the morning went. I went on a short break when I heard a commotion.

When I say no-foam, I mean no foam, you insignificant little womp rat!!” The customer screams


trooper bad job
SOMEONE NEEDS THEIR MORNING CUP OF COFFEE

Wow, Customer service is harder that I thought. Oh well back to work. Good thing this is the last day of this assignment.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

*snorts* At lesat its over!

Skywalker said...

We Jedi do love our Java, Java not Jawa.

Hmmm, looks like Obi-Wan had a bad night...

Dont look at me, I wasn't there.

Master Obi-Wan said...

Hmmm, yes well, it was a stressful night.

Usually, I like foam...

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You just don't want to come in between some people and their morning cup o' joe.

Jardena said...

You should try to get a job at JJ & Qui's brownie shop in the mall. It's much easier to outrun a bunch of fat sugar needy brownie buyers than some twitchy caffiene needy person who is up at 5 AM.

But the absoulte worst is when the person who is in line in front of you doesn't start to think about what they want to order until they get to the counter. Holy crap, you had 15 minutes in the line to think about it, why not use that time wisely? But noooo, they have to stand there are read the whole freakin' menu. It doesn't change, it was the same the last time you were in here! No new magic coffee drink has appeared since the last time you came in. Now ORDER!!!!! NO, don't even think about paying with a check! Who do you make it out to???? The name is all over the store, how could you miss it? Do you even know where you are? Of course, all of this plays out in my head, betrayed only by the occasional eye rolling and finger twitch.


....

Yeah, I don't get mad if they mess up my order (honestly, I just want some type of coffee), I only get mad when I have to wait a really long time to make the order.

Professor Xavier said...

I wouldn't have given Customer #3 any coffee. If he had anymore caffine his eyes look like they would explode.

merlyn said...

rats I missed getting coffee this morning!

Would have been fun to see you at work!

I'll have a medium, double cream. Thanks

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Never serve me coffee, okay?

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Kenobi: Oh, sure and take it out on a hapless clone

Lt. Cmdr: Just a small little tiny suggestion: Switch to Decaf

Prof X: Main problem with that guy was the super fancy order. If you coffee drink has more then 3 syllables, then there is a problem with your drink.

jin said...

*note to self: make my own coffee from now on.*

Captain Berk said...

I can't stand jobs like this.

My first job as an ensign was laser-peeling potato's during the first days of the klingon wars.