Friday, April 07, 2006

It's Going To Be A Long Night

After spending the day helping the Lt. Cmdr move in to her new apartment and procuring some furniture on a search a scavenge mission, I headed back to base.

As I get close to my barrack I begin to hear music:

Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga
I know you can't control yourself any longer
Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga
I know you can't control yourself any longer

I don’t have to even guess whose idea it was to throw a party while the Lt. Cmdr was away: Batch 3. I head in to see what kind of damage is being caused.

I am greeted by loud yells of “Party On” and a group of conga lined clones.



As I look over the barrack, through the throng of people and din of noise, I can not believe what I see.

There are at least 2 bands on either end of the room. Dang! Is that Anakin (what is up that wacky outfit) and E775 on stage:



It's not the east or the west side.
No it's not!
It's not the north or the south side.
No it's not
!It's the Dark side.
You are correct!
Keep frontin' the Empire,
To all you Vader-haters out there,
We'll blow your planet up!

And I cannot believe all the Twi’lek’s dancers around here.

How did the Batch 3’s convince them to show up! And freak dance with them to boot!

The closest I’ve come to a date since arriving on Coruscant was a meal at a diner with the Lt. Cmdr and 3 other troopers.

I see two troopers coming out of the bathroom with Tarisan Ale, so I glance in:


That’s going to make for a long night.

As I make my way across the room to look at the other band. I am again surprised (to put it mildly):


Don't step out of this house if that's the clothes you're gonna wear

I'll kick you out of my home is you don't cut that hair
The Chancellor busted in and said, "What's that noise?"
Aw, Palps you're just jealous - it's the Alien Boys!


You gotta fight for your right to party

You gotta fight for your right to party


Just then I hear a loud shout of “OFFICER ON DECK” The room quiets down.

I turn to see the Lt. Cmdr and Senator Amidala come into the barracks. The Lt. Cmdr scans the room with a scowl and barks “Why haven’t one of you brought me an ale yet.” Then breaks into a big grin.

The music start up again as three troopers and a Rodian rush to get the Lt. Cmdr an ale.

The rest of the night became a blur. Senator Amidala got a little wild, but the Lt. Cmdr did something with her I-Pod and all camera in the building stopped working.

And man oh man, the Lt. Cmdr can dance! Not in a Twi’lek way, but in a crazy, fun, "I am so comfortable with who I am" way.

7 comments:

Jawa Juice said...

We have GOT to book these guys when we go on tour!

(and I think I've slept in a bathtub like that once or twice in my life)



(Nice picture too!)

Jardena said...

Fun times, though it took some effort to get the Senator back home. Her handmaidens were not too approving of her attending an all night party with Batch Three clones. But they lightend up some when I said you were there.

And thanks for the complement on my dancing :)

Anonymous said...

Steve Ray Yoda on lead Guitar ?


THATS JUST WRONG !!

Unknown said...

OOOO! I didn't know Anakin was in band! Such a hard rock look he's got going there! What a party!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I think someone has a bit of a crush on his commanding officer.

Once smitten, twice shy, baby.

Shannon said...

Dude, that was one kickin party! I don't really remember much toward the end, but thanks, Ranae, for getting me home.

CC said...

Stop yourself Tak!
Before you fall completely in love with her!
This could lead to very, VERY bad things!

I'm warning you. Your life and your job are at stake.
Well ok maybe just your job.

btw, looks like a pretty fun party. What exactly would you mean by dancing in a "Twi`lek" way?